Homelessness by the numbers.

  • Louisville's Landscape

    On January 30, 2019, 1,071 people were experiencing homelessness. Of those, 11% were unsheltered and literally sleeping on the streets.

    There are 40-70 homeless families on the waiting list for emergency shelter on any given night.

    In 2019, the average eviction rate was 14 households per day. Louisville’s eviction rate (4.82%) is 2x the national average.

  • So. Indiana's Landscape

    At any given time, 283 people are experiencing homelessness. Of those, 58% are unsheltered and literally sleeping on the streets.

  • Nationwide Landscape

    In the United States, there were 567,715 people experiencing homelessness in 2019. Of these:

    • 63% of the total homeless population is considered sheltered, leaving 37% of (200,000+) individuals without shelter
    • 70% of individual homeless adults are male
    • Among homeless families with children, women are most often the sole provider


Bringing hope to our community.

As Christians, Re:Center Ministries has a duty to help those in need in our community. We do this through rigorous gospel-centered programming, which helps prevent and respond to homelessness in Louisville and Southern Indiana.

How we help.

  • LifeChange: Stability

    Adult men who are homeless can receive an emergency overnight bed for up to 45-days through our LifeChange: Stability program. Reserve a bed through the Coalition for the Homeless Louisville.

  • LifeChange: Recovery

    Adult men who are homeless or hurting but who are desiring a transformed life can enroll in the LifeChange Program.

  • LifeChange: Transition

    Graduates of LifeChange: Recovery may enter the final phase of LifeChange that allows them to occupy an on-site efficiency apartment for up to 12-months accompanied with transitional programming.

Daytime Drop-In

Adult women, including those with young children, who are homeless or just hurting can find dignified relief through the emergency daytime Drop-In Program open 8 a.m. -2 p.m., M-F.